Ty Carreg Adventure Residential Centre is located just 13 miles from Brecon town centre and 4 miles from Hay-on-Wye.
*Note: Due to the rural location of Ty Carreg, when using the postcode for SATNAV systems, it may not lead you right to the location.
Things to do locally
If you want to take part in some activities that are a little more adventurous then take advantage of one of the many activity providers around the centre. We’ve listed just a few of them below, with many offering climbing, scrambling, pony trecking, or kayaking and canoeing down the River Wye just a few miles away.
- The pretty town of Hay-on-Wye is famed for its impressive selection of second-hand bookshops. Situated just 4 miles from Ty Carreg it hosts a series of festivals throughout the year and is home to the acclaimed Hay Festival of Literature and the Arts, described by Bill Clinton as “the Woodstock of the mind”.
- Wye Valley Canoes sits on the bank of the River Wye as the bridge crosses it at Glasbury. They offer canoe and kayak hire for journeys down the river to Hay-on-Wye (5 miles) or Whitney-on-Wye (10miles) for individuals, families or groups.
- Black Mountain Activities are further up-river from Glasbury and offer water and landbased activities from their centre. They have a high-ropes course and also offer white water rafting.
- Glasbury Service Station is the local petrol garage selling basic conveniences such as bread and milk, alongside fuel and is around 1km away in Glasbury on the A438 at the junction with the B4350 towards Hay-on-Wye.
- The nearest large supermarket is Morrisons in Brecon, which is around 14km away and is a 20minute drive.
- Foyles of Glasbury is the nearest pub, which is at the bottom of the hill from Ty Carreg. Serving food daily. http://www.foylesofglasbury.co.uk/about-us/
- The Old Barn Steakhouse is a great grill and bar. Situated a short drive from Ty Carreg it serves a high-quality menu and is famed for its huge Sunday Roasts. http://www.oldbarnthreecocks.co.uk/